|"Pym Island Oceanfront Estate"||$5,600,000 (sold)||Pym Island||Oceanfront|
Aerial Views Ocean Views Dock Views Oceanfront Views Pym from Ocean House Exterior House Interior Beds & Baths Guest Cottage 1 Guest Cottage 2 Guest Cottage 3 Guest Cottage 4 Island Views Misc Views 1 Misc Views 2 Map & Plans Pym Island Layout Pym Hall Christmas Cottage Pym Pond Cottage Easter Cottage Pym Point Cottage Thanksgiving Cottage Tour Route
Own your own private island estate? Yes, it's a dream come true!|
Pym Island is 5 acres in size, all accessible and enjoyable, and offering easy care landscaping, meadow areas, stands of majestic Fir, Cedar plus Arbutus and Garry Oak groves. The island enjoys a wonderful natural ambiance!
The exceptional custom home offers many unique & quality finishes. The home offers entertainment size living room, formal dining, library, games room, his & hers masters with study and ensuites, a cook's kitchen, breakfast room off, self-contained guest wing (or nanny suite?), indoor pool, atrium feature, marble floors, and soaring ceiling treatments.
There are 4 separate guest cottages, tennis court, caretaker's residence, a "lake", lowbank foreshore with lovely swimming cove. Dock is in place -- arrive by floatplane or by private boat.
The Island is connected to power, via cable from Canoe Cove, near Sidney, and also has a back up generator system. Be self-sufficient, here!
Close to Sidney and to Victoria, go gallery hopping, enjoy the nearby restaurants and amenities, mere minutes from the Victoria airport. Room for a helipad on Pym Island, too.
24 hours notice required for all showings, see Li to arrange your personal tour!
View a Virtual Tour & Slideshow
About Pym Island
Named after Lieutenant Frederick Whiteford Pym, Royal Navy. Pym was a mate on the Artic exploring vessel Assistance under the command of Captain Sir Edward Belcher. The Assistance accompanied Captain Richards in the polar regions in search of Sir John Franklin 1852-1854. The Assistance had to be abandoned after being trapped in ice. The crew returned home on other vessels in 1854. Island named by Captain Richards, H.M.S Plumper, circa 1858.